Summer is fast approaching and I don’t know about you but this is definitely the year I want to be chilling with a super flat stomach on the beach. So I am sharing with you a 30 Day Ab Challenge to help you get started!
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot and a half from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all.
- Place your hands behind your head with elbows wide.
- Pull your navel to your spine, and twist slowly to the right. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating. Inhale through your center, and rotate to the left. Come back to center.
- This completes one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat. Put your hands behind your ears.
- Focusing on your core muscles, lift your head and shoulders and raise up until your head, shoulders, and back are off the floor. Keep your belly button pulled in.
- Lower back down to complete one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Start in side elbow plank on your left side, with your feet stacked one on top of the other. Keep your weight on your left elbow with your fingers reaching away from your body.
- Place your right arm behind your head, and inhale to prepare.
- Exhale, pulling your navel in toward your spine, engaging your deep abs. Rotate your right rib cage toward the floor, bringing your right elbow to your left hand.
- Return to the starting position to complete one rep. Do the designated number of reps on this side, then repeat on the left.
- Do 1 set of 10 reps on each side
- Lie face down on your stomach with arms and legs extended. Keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Keeping your arms and legs straight (but not locked) and torso stationary, simultaneously lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling to form an elongated “u” shape with your body — back arches and arms and legs lift several inches off the floor.
- Hold for two to five seconds, and lower back down to complete one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 5 reps
- Begin in plank position, with your shoulders over your wrists, your body in one straight line, and your feet together.
- Like the motion of a jumping jack, jump your legs wide and then back together. Jump as quickly as you want, but keep your pelvis steady and don’t let your booty rise toward the ceiling.
- This counts as one rep.
- Do 3 sets 10 reps
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip distance apart, holding your pressed palms overhead. Squeeze your head with your upper arms to fire up your core and protect your neck.
- Bend sideways to the right, squeezing your waist on the right side. Keep your neck as neutral as possible, looking forward, not down.
- Pull the left ribs down to return to standing upright. This focuses the work on the left obliques. Switch sides, and bend to the left. Rise back up to center to complete one rep.
- DO 3 sets of 10 reps
Hoping you will join in on the challenge to get those fit bodies! Let me know in the comments below if you have tested it out.