Let me start off by stating how much I enjoyed this event at 15 on Orange African Pride Hotel this past Saturday. Wowzer, what a fabulous day Cosmopolitan SA together with Clicks planned out for us. A big thank you to the team behind the event I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cathy Lund, the Editor of Cosmopolitan SA gave us such a great talking that inspired the ladies to “own their own space” and to establish the “Fun, Fearless, Female” within you.
Juana, the Beauty Editor of Cosmo shared with us some of her beauty secrets. She also gave us some essential beauty tips that I will definitely be making use of.
1. Know what you have in your make-up bag. This will allow you to stop spending unnecessarily on things you already have.
2. Check expiry dates. Don’t be a make-up hoarder, get rid of the expired stuff.
3. Look at ingredients. Certain products contain specific ingredients that might or might not agree with your skin-type. Find out what type of skin you have and then find products that have the ingredients that suits it best.
4. Read reviews on the product. Juana says beauty bloggers give the most unbiased opinion on products and cosmetics.
5. Take a friend. When you go out to buy cosmetics, take someone with who will give you their honest opinion. You will need to go without any make up on so that you can try out all the different samples and testers, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Cosmo Fashion Director, Poppy, gave us the 411 on the timeless Little Black Dress. The LBD is a classic staple that should be hanging in each woman’s closet. There are so many different variations of the LBD to suit each woman differently, so there is no excuse not to have one. You can dress it up or you can dress it down, either way you cannot go wrong with a LBD. And just so you know, one LBD is not enough.
Can you guess what was next on the itinerary? PAMPER SESSION!
There were some great products on display that I cannot wait to add to my beauty bag. Along with all the other ladies, I got a complete COSMO make over which included nails, hair, make up, and a chance to try out Air Optix Colors contact lenses which came in a variety of colours. I chose blue!
After finding the right LBD, we got to do a photo shoot. The gorgeous Joelle Kayemb, an International Model, separately gave each lovely lady a quick master class in cover girl posing. I loved it! Guess who is on the cover?
THANK YOU @Clicks and @CosmpololitansSA for the wonderful event and fabulous goodie bags. You guys definitely brought out the “Fun, Fearless, Female” in ME!
P.s. remember ladies, expensive is not always better. There are some less expensive brands that offer great results without leaving a ig hole in your pocket. Head out to find these super great cosmetic brands exclusive to Clicks.
Black dress – Cotton On | Top – MRP | Jacket – MRP | Shoes – Woolworths | Necklace – Foschini0